Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship
Established in 1999 by Ron Fowler, founding Chairman of the San Diego International Sports Foundation, Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship offers a $5,000 scholarship to five high school seniors in San Diego County. A second scholarship of $5,000 can also be earned, provided the recipient remains in good academic standing following the first year of college, for a total possible scholarship award of $10,000. The recipients must have demonstrated his or her ability to overcome personal obstacles associated with drugs or alcohol, a strong commitment to athletics and continuing their personal growth and development through higher education. There is no minimum GPA requirement, but academic growth will be considered.
One-year scholarship for $5,000 for the school year September 2018 - June 2019
Scholarship recipients who remain in academic standing following their first year of college will earn an additional $5,000 scholarship for their second year of college
Eligible expenses include college tuition, books and on-campus housing
Recipients will be required to keep in periodic communication with the San Diego Hall of Champions, to report on their progress
- High school senior who will enroll in either a two- or four-year college
- Has overcome personal obstacles and troubles in life associated with drugs or alcohol
- Demonstrated athletic achievement and participation in organized sports
- Demonstrate leadership ability and demonstrated personal responsibility
- Demonstrated academic growth
- Demonstrated financial need
- Has a strong commitment to setting and reaching life goals
- All submissions must include: the completed nomination form, a copy of the student's high school transcripts and a letter of recommendation from a teach, coach or counselor.
- The letter of recommendation should attest to why the nominee's behavior, attitude, desire and character warrant this scholarship.
- All nominations should be submitted by a coach, teacher, counselor or principal.
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO:
San Diego Hall of Champions, Attn: Sarah Petitpierre-Branco
3840 Via de la Valle, Suite 300 // Del Mar, CA 92014
February 23, 2018. (Please note that all documents must be postmarked on or before that date) The selection of the qualified recipients will be made in March 2018 and the winners will be notified in early April 2018. Recipients will be required to attend a local presentation ceremony.
Click the "donate" button below, or checks can be made out to the Brad Fowler Memorial Scholarship Fund and mailed to:
San Diego Hall of Champions
3840 Via de la Valle, Suite 300
Del Mar, CA 92014
Donations are fully deductible as a charitable contribution to the San Diego Hall of Champions, a 501 (c)(3).
For further information please call Sarah Petitpierre-Branco at 619.699.2338 or complete the application form below